To qualify for enlistment into the 2014 – 2015 MAVNI Program, you should meet the following qualification criteria.
The applicant must be between the age of 17 – 34, and ship to Basic Training prior to their 35th birthday for enlistment. 21-40 for Health Care providers.
The applicant must score a 50 or higher on the ASVAB.
The applicant must meet the procurement physical standards of AR 40-501, chapter 2. Medical waivers are authorized.
[to_like]The applicant must be a legal non-immigrant alien lawfully admitted and permitted to be in the United States, in one of the following categories at time of enlistment.
- Asylee, Refugee, or Temporary Protective Status.
- In a non immigrant legal status category of one of the following; E-1, E-2, E-3, F-1, F-2, F-3, H-1B, H-1C, H-2A, H-2B, H-3, H-4, I, J-1, K-1, K-2, K-3, k-4, L-1, L-2, M-1, M-2, M-3, O-1, O-2, O-3, P-1, P-2, P-3, P-4, Q-1, Q-2, Q-3, R-1, R-2, S-5, S-6, S-7, T-1, T-2, T-3, T-4, TC, TD, TN, U, U-1, U-2, U-3, U-4, V-1, V-2, V-3
- Prove legal status by providing valid unexpired foreign passports and one of the following; I-94 card, I-797, DS-2019, IAP-66, I-20 or other valid unexpired employment authorization issued by the Department of Homeland Security.
The applicant must have had legal status for at least two (2) years, with no single absence of more than 90 days from the U.S., immediately preceding the date of enlistment.
Misconduct waivers will not be authorized.
The applicant cannot have a current or remaining affiliation with another Country’s Armed Forces.
The applicant must be able to pass the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI), at the 2/2 level or higher in both speaking and listening, see languages.
The applicant must enlist under the name listed on their immigration documents.
The applicant must have a Social Security Number
The applicant must be a High School Diploma Graduate of higher.
- High School Seniors are authorized to Enlist.
- Foreign education credentials must be translated and evaluated by a State Board of Education, or any degree granting College of University listed in the AIPE of NACES.
- Exception to policy can be requested for individuals who graduated from a High School in a foreign country affected by the Global War of Terror, who cannot prove education completion.
Current Languages Recruited:
Albanian ･ Amharic ･ Arabic ･ Azerbaijani ･ Bengali ･ Burmese ･ Cebuano ･ Cambodian-Khmer ･ Chinese ･ Czech French (with citizenship from an African Country) ･ Georgian ･ Haitian Creole ･ Hausa ･ Hindi ･ Igbo ･ Indonesian Korean ･ Kurdish ･ Lao ･ Malay ･ Malayalam ･ Moro (Tausug/Maranao/Maguindanao)･ Nepalese ･ Pashto ･ Persian Dari ･ Persian Farsi ･ Portuguese ･ Punjabi ･ Russian ･ Sindhi ･ Serbo-Croation ･ Singhalese ･ Somali ･ Swahili Tagalog ･ Tajik ･ Tamil ･Thai ･ Turkish ･ Turkmen ･ Urdu (with citizenship from Pakistan or Afghanistan ･ Uzbeck ･ Yoruba
Current Medical Specialties Recruited:
Regular Army (Active Duty): General Dentists, Oral Surgeons, Comprehensive Dentists, Pediatrician, Psychiatrist, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, General Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Nuclear Science Officers, Entomologist, Licensed Clinical Social Work Officers, Licensed Clinical Psychologists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Anesthesia
Army Reserve: General Dentist, Comprehensive Dentist, Prosthodontist, Oral Surgeon, Preventive Medicine, Urology, Anesthesiologist, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngologist (ENT), Psychiatry, Family Physician, General Surgeon, Thoracic Surgeon, Orthopedic Surgeon, Emergency Medicine, Entomologist, Clinical Psychologists, Physician Assistant, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners