- Can I Join The MAVNI Program Without A Green Card
- Can I Get Promoted To E3 Before Basic Training?
- What is the outlook for AMEDD Nurse Corps for fiscal year 2013?
- Prior Service 68W3M6 To 68C
- New PS Business Rules and 18X contracts
- When Will The MAVNI Program Open Again For Chinese Linquist?
- Is the MAVNI Program Still Open For Korean Applicants?
- I Have Herpes Zoster On My Chest Can I Join The Army?
- How Long Are English OPI Test Results Valid?
- I Passed The Enlistment Screening Test For The MAVNI Program
Army MOS 35P Cryptologic Linguist Electronic Warfare Signal Intelligence Recruit
35P Cryptologic Linguist
A Cryptologic Linguist is responsible for intercepting foreign communications by using signal equipments, and translating/interpreting that information. In combat, Cryptologic Linguist support the mission by providing critical information to Army leaders.
35P Training Requirements
Job Training for Cryptologic Linguist consists of 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 3 to 52 weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Advanced Training is conducted at Goodfellow AFB, TX. Training times vary depending on language. Soldiers who are not currently fluent in a foreign language will be required to complete 6-18 months of language training at the Defense Language Institute (DLI), prior to attending AIT.
35P requires a 60 month enlistment, plus training.
Qualification For 35P
ASVAB Score: 31+ AFQT, 110 ST Line Score (91 ST with 105 DLAB)
Age: Must be between 17-35
Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen, with valid Passport, Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Education: Must be a HS graduate or higher
DLAB: RA 105, AR 95 (scores of 95-104 are eligible to receive a waiver). The DLAB will be used to determine the foreign language applicants will be eligible to learn at the DLI.
Pulhes Profile: 222121
Security Clearance: TOP SECRET/SCI access eligible
- No charges above minor traffic (exception to policy possible, depends on charges).
- Must not have a significant amount of personal debt.
- Never been a member of the peace corps.
Vision: Normal, ETPs authorized for individuals with Red/Green vision.
Physical Demands Rating: Very heavy
Additional Notes: The current and approved minimum DLAB score for accessions into this MOS at any given time will be reflected in the REQUEST program in accordance with the category of languages required and being recruited.
Skilled Linguists are eligible to receive to foreign language proficiency pay, between $300 and $500 per month.
35P ACASP Progam
The Army remains in critcial need of Soldiers with certain language capabilities. The 35P ACASP, skilled linguist enlistment option is available for both Regular Army and Army Reserve applicants. This program offers eligible applicants in all areas of the command, that are proficient in certain foreign languages, the opportunity to obtain large monetary incentives and accelerated
promotion to Specialist.
Eligible ACASP Languages
Applicants must pass the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) with a 2 in Listening and a 2 in Reading, in order to be considered for the 35P ACASP Program. The Army is currently accepting the following languages:
- Persian Farsi
- Chinese Mandarin
35P ACASP applicants do not need to attend language training at DLI. DLAB or OPI is not required.